For any comments, suggestions, corrections (grammar and spelling) violent reactions feel free to attack Pong.
(I was asked by some former colleagues and students regarding my take of the newly seated (elected) CGMA and Governor-elect Lilia Pineda.)
Sa OAV ay walang lokal na posisyon na pupunan. Sa madaling salita, hindi ako nabigyan ng pagkakataon na piliin ang gusto kong maupo sa kongreso at kapitolyo. Nagpapasalamat pa rin ako dahil sa pamamagitan ng OAV ay nagkaroon ako ng pagkakataon na lumahok sa matagumpay na halalan 2010. Noong ako ay nasa Pampanga ay palagi naming ipinapanalangin na ang Pampanga ay magiging modelo ng pagkakaisa at katuwiran (Pampanga is a model of unity and righteousness) sa larangan ng pampublikong pamamahala. Dahil naniniwala ako na kung ang namumuno ay may banal na pagkatakot sa Diyos ang lahat ay susunod na: mabuting pamamalakad, maayos na paggamit ng pondo at iba pa.
Naging kabahagi ako ng brigada at krusada noong tumakbo si Among Ed para sa pagka-gobernador ng Pampanga. What we did is silent movement lalo na sa panalangin. Kaya noong nanalo siya ay natuwa ako. I am not saying he is the Messiah of Pampanga. I just simply believe that I have high hopes that Pampanga will be blessed more by the Lord if the leader is righteous enough in His sight. Let us tour on history and Bible itself. The nations were blessed by the Lord more because of their leaders. Even the Israel was handed down to Babylonians, Persians and others, still the Lord is with them and blessed them abundantly. On the other hand, misfortune and suffering are the opposites if the leaders are unrighteous. I think, having that hope for Pampanga is not a sin or over-dreaming. It was a celebration of democracy of seeing Among Ed governed the whole province, though, it was not that easy. He was unseated two times prior to the recently 2010 Elections by the 2nd Division of COMELEC and his appealed was also denied. Finally, the public had spoken, it was Lilia Pineda who won (based from the decision of 2nd Division of COMELEC) this recently concluded 2010 Elections.
Noong nakaraang 2004 Presidential Election ay sinuportahan ko din sa Bro. Eddie. Kahit na Kapampangan ako ay mas pinili ko siya kay PGMA kasi may mas higit akong nakikitang pag-asa para sa Pilipinas. Kung nakaboto ako para sa posisyon sa kongreso ang iboboto ko ay si Adonis Simpao. It’s enough that the good lady from Lubao, Pampanga has served the whole archipelago for almost ten years. Eyeing for the congress seat is too much, but she has won already. Allegedly, she is gunning for the house speaker-ship (again, another first in the Philippine History or world history) and eventually prime minister. Those are purely allegations and her latest appointment was slammed by people who belong to legal groups.
My Take (1): My View Point
I served (Chairman, BEI) during the run of Among Ed and I can boldly say that there is no fraud or vote buying involved. If that’s not the basis of the 2nd Division of CEMELEC, are they trying to imply that teachers don’t know how to read and count ballots (appreciation of ballots)?
PGMA has lied when she said she’ll not run for presidency (2004 in Baguio). She did and won. PGMA has lied when she said she will not cling to power. She did and won in the 2nd District.
The Kapampangans had spoken. They have chosen Lilia Pineda to captain Pampanga and from PGMA to CGMA of 2nd District of Pampanga.
I am against unrighteousness not with CGMA and Lilia Pineda. I am against corruption and not good governance. I am against lies and not truth.
Personally, I want Among Ed and Simpao, but I respect the Kapampangan’s choice. I’ll be still and try to become the best warrior in the battlefield I have chosen, prayer.
Am I ashamed of being Kapampangan? No. I am proud to be a Filipino.
Did I lose hope? No. I will be in prayer mode.
Shall I support both of them? I shall support godly, righteous and good governance.
—Noong nakaraang Huwebes ay nagkaroon ako ng mga exchanges ng mga instant messages. Airing sides kung bakit hindi pa rin daw ba natututo ang mga Kapampangan. Natuto na nga ba kami sa pagboto o kailangan ulit kaming turuan? —
My Take (2): My (Our) Role
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Gusto ko lamang ibahagi ang nasa itaas.
1. if my people, who are called by my name – Lahat ng tumatawag sa Diyos, sincerely and wholeheartedly.
2. will humble themselves – Pagpapakumbaba, pagtanggap na ang kalakasan, katanyagan, kapangyarihan, karangyaan, kasikatan at tagumpay ay kailangan i-submit sa rider (ating Diyos).
3. and pray – Hindi tayo makakalapit sa Diyos kung walang humility. Dahil sa panalangin ay kailangan nating i-confess na tayo ay makasalanan at walang magagawa kung wala siya. If we are proud and boast outside the grace of God, then, we are doomed.
4. and seek my face – Sometimes, serving the Kingdom is observed first, thus, neglecting the King. Seeking God’s face is the ultimate way of determining His will. Before we can serve the Kingdom, it’s the King first. Where is the Kingdom? Where the King reigns, there is the Kingdom.
5. and turn from their wicked ways – 180 degrees turn. Confess and repent. We cannot justify evil as good. There is no such thing as Robin-hood. There is no such thing as good witchcraft(ry). What we need is to turn to God. It’s like watching a telerseye and the leading man has a legal wife but he loves the other girl. We are very eager for the leading man to re-united with the other girl.
6. then will I hear from heaven (self-explanatory) – God will just hear us if we do the above. God’s grace is far different from blessings.
7. and will forgive their sin – God is a forgiving God. Merciful. He does not keep records of wrongs. The barrier is sin.
8. and will heal their land – Healing takes place when the wound is thoroughly cleaned. Christ is the Mighty Healer.
My Take (3): View Point 2
Bakit sila ang nanalo?
1. Ang mga Kapampangan ay may karapatang mamili.
2. Nais ipakita ng Diyos ang paraan ng tamang pagpili. When Jonah disobeyed God, He allowed Jonah to take his own course. In the end the will of the Lord is revealed and fulfilled.
3. Prayer and faith work.
4. Faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love.
5. He has allowed or chosen them to gain office. Since there is no authority except from God, including all communist, despotic or repressive governments, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God, we are enjoined to be subject to the governing authorities, submitting to man’s ordinances for the Lord’s sake.
As I hope for the coming of the Lord, I also hope for better government, righteous leaders, God-fearing officials and outpouring of God’s blessings not only for Pampanga but for the whole Philippines. As I step forward in knowing God day-by-day, step-by-step I will do my part as a Kapampangan, Filipino and God’s child.